Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Revelation of the Century

I realized something today. It's earth shattering really. Or at the very least it's a paradigm shift. So what is this big shocker you might ask?

My clothes washer and dryer are not shrinking my clothes. Unless my nice slacks (which I never wear) and my suit jacket (which I never wear) have somehow magically shrunk while sitting in the closet for several months...

Well, I guess this means I am faced with a choice. I can either buy a whole new wardrobe to accommodate this, or I must become more active. Not sure which would be easier...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had that same problem and thought , like you, that I, a slim man of an exceedingly appropriate waistline, was getting bigger. Fortunately my advanced knowledge of physics, engineering, and self-delusion came in handy. As it ends up, my dryer was leaking drying radiation (ra-dry-ation, perhaps) and shrinking all of the clothes in my house. It also shrank my favorite chair which fits more snuggly around me than it used to. The radiation has also had an effect on my health causing me to eat more and sweat when I exert myself. Don't give into exercise, man - get rid of your dryer.