Friday, November 30, 2007

Pattern Recognition

A good friend of mine (you know who you are) sent me a link to a very odd thing on Amazon. Uranium. That's right, you can buy Uranium on Amazon. Don't believe me? Go check it out.

Now, I'm not worried about people making nuclear explosives. I'm also not worried about dirty bombs. It's a very small sample of uranium. It's intended for testing Geiger counters. Most smoke alarms actually contain small amounts of radioactive materials. This is a relatively safe and harmless piece of uranium. And at the cost they are charging, it would cost an insane amount of money to get enough to cause trouble with.

Although it is still just odd. I mean, who would buy uranium on Amazon?

Well know what is even weirder than that? Scroll down about halfway on that Amazon page and check out the "Customers Who Bought Items Like This Also Bought" section. Well, now we know what sort of person would buy uranium on Amazon...

No comments: